Sean Kirby is a public affairs, corporate communications and government relations executive with national and international experience with the Canadian government and some of the world’s most successful corporations.
Sean’s work experience includes:
- Being a Partner in Prospectus Associates, an Ottawa-based government relations and communications consulting firm, since 2001.
- Serving as Executive Director of the Mining Association of Nova Scotia.
- Leading the federal and Atlantic government relations practices of a national government relations firm as Vice President (Ottawa & Atlantic).
- Providing strategic advice on all internal and external communications matters affecting the Royal Bank of Canada’s retail banking business unit and its nine million clients. He also served as a spokesperson with Canadian and international media on behalf of the bank and its senior executives.
- In the public sector, Sean was a media spokesperson for the Prime Minister of Canada during the 1997 election campaign. Prior to that, he served as Press Secretary to Canada’s Secretary of State for Science, Research and Development and Western Economic Diversification. He has also been an advisor to political parties in Ontario and Nova Scotia.
Sean is a graduate of Dalhousie University and the Richard Ivey School of Business Strategic Marketing Management program at the University of Western Ontario. His volunteer work includes having served as Chair of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada (Atlantic Division) and Chair of its Government Relations Committee. Sean is fluently bilingual in French and English.