Sean Kirby is a seasoned executive in the areas of corporate communications and government relations. He has extensive national and international experience in the government of Canada and companies that are among the most efficient in the world. His expertise encompasses all aspects of Public Affairs and Corporate Communications – government relations, internal and external communications, media relations and public relations. As Deputy Prime Minister quality, a minister of the federal government and business leaders, he gained experience in managing crises solid.
- Partner at Prospectus Associates. Mr. Kirby has partnered Prospectus Associates in 2001. He has since supported clients from various industries in their efforts to develop strategic solutions that meet public interest and commercial imperatives.
- Operations Directorate relationships with the federal government and the governments in the Atlantic region within a national government relations firm. As Vice President (Ottawa and Atlantic region), he provided strategic advice to business leaders and executives from a wide range of industries. He also led a half-dozen employees and helped set the overall direction of the firm as a member of the management team.
- Development and launch of the company Cesky Mobil specialized in cellular telephony in the Czech Republic. Senior manager of business start-up team, he helped the service of the company’s human resources to design and implement an internal branding and a communications program for a period of rapid growth during which the number of employees has grown from a handful of employees in 1200 during the first year of operation.
- Strategic advice delivery for internal and external communication affecting retail banking of Royal Bank of Canada and its nine million customers. It also acted as spokesman for the bank and its leaders in the media both in and abroad.
- His experience in the private sector also includes: providing advice on international trade and representing clients in connection with commercial disputes to commercial courts; co-founder of one of the largest surveys undertaken in Canada on small business and e-commerce; stay in the Canadian music industry as an artist, owner of a recording studio, a journalist and concert organizer. In the public sector, Mr. Kirby served as spokesman functions of the Prime Minister of Canada to the media during the election campaign of 1997. Previously, he held the press attaché of the Secretary of State (Science, Research and Development) and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification. He also advised political parties in Ontario and Nova Scotia.
Mr. Kirby graduated from Dalhousie University and the Strategic Marketing Management Program at the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario. Her volunteer work includes the presidency of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada (Atlantic Division) and the chair of government relations of the Company. In exercising the functions of these two positions, he successfully led the efforts that have led the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador to set up the first program for expensive drugs in Canada. Mr. Kirby is bilingual and fluent in English and French.